Need an Interior Design Website? Squarespace Review
Is it time to build a better website that looks as good as the work your interior design firm creates? Squarespace is for you.
If your interior design business is new to the online marketing or you're tired of paying someone to update your Wordpress website, Squarespace is a great option for you. Squarespace is an elegantly designed and intuitive full-service website creation and hosting platform you can use to build, maintain and host a professional website using simple tools and techniques.
We love Squarespace. We're here to give you an in-depth understanding of how you can create a professional, engaging, beautifully designed web presence for your interior design business.
What Is Squarespace?
Simply stated, Squarespace is an online website builder and hosting platform for blogs, portfolio sites, and online stores. Launched in 2004 by Anthony Casalena in his dorm room, Squarespace has grown and now has offices in New York, Portland, and Dublin. Despite humble beginnings, it is now a powerhouse in the CMS and web building industries.
Squarespace is universally acclaimed for it's highly flexible, style-oriented drag and drop design interface. While it's not as popular or widely used as some platforms, Squarespace has brought easy to update, affordable, high-design website building to millions of small businesses.
Features of the Squarespace Website Builder
Squarespace is elegant and polished in every detail. It has an impressive set of features that are intuitive and easy to learn. Content, cover pages, landing pages, blogging, and forms are all easily incorporated into your website. Using a drag and drop design interface, you can bring images, and create text in your designs easily and efficiently. Templates offer users creative pre-designed blank slates that can be customized to fit the needs of any business. Let's take a closer look at some of the functionality that Squarespace offers.
• Content Blocks – Are used to create pages and footers. Squarespace offers a wide selection of pre-designed content blocks to fit any need. Blocks are searchable, polished and fully featured.
• Image Tools – Squarespace understands the importance of images, especially for businesses in home-related industries like interior design. Photo galleries need to crop images for uniformity. Most do this task automatically, and the results can be less than ideal. Squarespace allows you to choose a focal point to make sure your image is exactly as you want it.
• Blog Pages – Squarespace offers one of the best blogs among the website builders. They include many in-demand features like tagging, categories, drafts, comments and more. The post editor is particularly elegant.
• Form Builder – With 19 different field options and integration with Google Docs and MailChimp, automating your lead nurturing is easy, and efficient.
• IOS and Android Apps – A suite of apps gives you the ability to manage your website from anywhere on any IOS or Android device. The apps include a blog which allows you to compose and manage your blog. Metrics which allows real-time analytics access, and Portfolio for managing photos and galleries. Each app is intuitive and beautifully designed.
This is only the beginning! A built-in audio player and podcast builder let you submit and publish podcasts to Itunes. Everything you need to build authority, improve SEO and drive traffic is incorporated into the platform. This means that a Squarespace website is the perfect hub for your interior design firm's inbound marketing strategy.
With an extensive array of templates, drag and drop functionality, blogging and podcast capabilities, extensive form creation and seamless integration with Google Docs and MailChimp, Squarespace can help you to build your business with one simple, easy to learn, affordable platform.
About Michael Conway
I'm the owner and strategist at Means-of-Production. My firm builds Squarespace websites, Houzz profiles, and content marketing and advertising solutions for architects, interior designers, design-build contractors and landscape design firms. Our all-in-one marketing tactics attract the right clients with exceptional architectural photography and brand messaging that sets you apart from the competition. Want a free video review of your current website? Contact us today.