A Marketing Plan For Interior Designers in 11 Simple Steps
Interior designers seeking to generate leads and convert them into clients should look no further than these 11 simple, but essential, steps:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Make sure your website gets found by the people who need your expertise and services. A built-in search optimization tool in your marketing software package will give you a single dashboard to help you discover and analyze the most effective keywords, track links to your site, and improve your site’s page rank to help it move up higher in search engine results.
2. Blogging: Blogs showcase your expertise and accomplishments, and they can boost your visibility in search engine results. Integrate your website’s blogging platform with the rest of your marketing tools, which will allow you to create search-engine-friendly content, with on-page keywords, metadata, article tags, and alternative tags on images.
3. Social Media: Help people find your blog and other website content by promoting it via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or other social media platforms. One-click tools will help you publish and track posts across multiple platforms, and marketing software can help you track social media activity as well as use it as a launching point for automated marketing campaigns.
4. Calls To Action: Make them an offer they won’t refuse. Users will provide contact information in exchange for content they find valuable. Marketing software can help you manage and optimize the different offers on your site. This software will allow you to analyze data on visitors’ behavior. It can also help you understand how to best to modify those calls to actions, and A/B test an offer’s effectiveness.
5. Landing Pages: Specially tailored landing pages should greet visitors who have arrived at your website from a search result, online ad, or social media link. Marketing software such as Hatchbuck can help you build beautiful, testable, analytical landing pages that are designed to help you increase conversions and drive campaigns, as well as integrate with email and social media.
6. Lead Management: Your firm needs a single, centralized database to house detailed information on all of your leads and their interactions with you. Look for a scalable marketing database to maintain and work with your lead data in an efficient, targeted way. The software should including tracking page views and form submissions as well as interactions via social media, and creating dynamic segments based on users’ input.
7. Email Marketing: Once you’ve captured an audience, you’ll want to keep it interested. Emails that are personalized and speak directly to someone’s interests will be much better received: Make sure your software package connects your email platform to your marketing database to allow you to personalize email subject and body content as well as track delivery, opens, and clicks, and keep a record of every contact.
8. Marketing Automation: You may have all the connections in the world, but if you aren’t reaching out with the appropriate messaging, it won’t help. Look for marketing software that will help you build segmented lists and workflows based upon contact information, sales process stage, and behavior. This will let you “nurture” leads with automated email campaigns.
9. Analytics: Analytics tools make it easy to calculate the return on investment of everything you do to market your firm. Look for analytics software that combines both online and offline efforts onto one dashboard. And when you’re using marketing analytics, you’re looking at the behaviors of real people: Get to know them through marketing segments and personas.
10. Apps and Integrated Marketing Services: Using an all-in-one marketing system has many benefits. You can integrate your marketing software with your customer relationship management (CRM) efforts, for one, and a system will provide tools to make marketing easy. You’ll likely be able to tailor the system to your particular needs (look for one that offers a selection of apps and services.
11. Become a global marketer: The right marketing software will allow you to build landing and content-managed pages in any language. It should also help you send emails to your leads at optimal times, no matter what time zone they’re in, as well as provide localized SEO data.
Follow these steps, and you’ll be well on your way to winning new clients with thoughtful, automated, inbound marketing strategies.